Tuesday, October 20, 2009

charge!

If I hear it one more time.."Just take charge of your life!"
I think the people who say this....mean well....they just live in a different world. A world where decisions they make affect only them. When one is making life choices for 3 lives instead of 1, things get more complicated. Concessions are made. It sucks.
There is this fine, fine line between responsibility and personal survival. One must ask themselves how much of their soul they can and will sacrifice to save the others.
How much less of myself can I stand being?
At what point am I being selfish if the decision I make really only benefits me?
Then there is the guilt. I hate my life. I hate being stuck. I hate the lack of choices. I hate the bad choices I made that got me here. So this really is all MY fault, why am I complaining? I hope they don't think I hate THEM. I just hate what I have to be and do because of what I did that got me here with them.
Who wants to be in charge of that?
You there, the take-charger, here ya go, be my guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment